Our closet organizer is Configurations by Rubbermaid (8 feet) that we got at Home Depot (Canada) for $237. Nothing fancy but so much more practical than the single shelf and rod we had for the last 13 years. Our oldest son is a true diy-er and loves to tackle projects so he was happy to install it (besides, he asks for tools for Christmas and has all the good ones.)
Edited to add: I thought I should re-clarify that the photo below is my inspiration photo, not our own closet. I will share our closet refilled once it is complete.
This inspiration photo is from California Closets. This one doesn't have enough hanging clothes space, but is a similar size to ours and I really like the curtain. My dream closet would be my sister and bil's custom walk-in.
Our clothes are back in our closet, and that is part one finished. We still have more plans for this space though.
- hooks of some sort for our belts, my necklaces, etc.
- baskets for storage on shelves
- check out the optional items that go with this system
- trim the outside of the closet
- add a temporary curtain (while we figure out a door solution/save up the money)
- and not any time soon, hardwood floors for our bedroom including the closet.
I'm linking up with...
WOW us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style